7.31.2010

These Days.

It has always been a part of me to be a good example for those around me. I've always felt responsible for leading my younger friends down the right way. If you haven't noticed, everything that the younger ones do is a variation of what we did when we were their age. We showed them the party life, being promiscuous, and all that smoking and drinking bullshit.

It still is, and always has been on us, to be positive examples. Feel me?


I've spent the past few semesters in a mentoring program hosted by my school for high school kids around LA from Compton to Washington Prep. Hanging out with them this Summer was a lot of fun. I still feel the same way as when I was in high school so being a mentor and connecting with them is fun.







I didn't have any mentors, didn't really have anybody to look up to while I was in high school. My counselour didn't give a damn about me or what I wanted to do. I had to help myself and it could've been easier with someone to answer my questions. Now I do my best to compensate for what I didn't have to make it easier for them.


Don't be selfish with your time. It's easy to make a difference in someone's life. I love being a mentor because I get to act like I'm 18 again, except with a little more wisdom.

Respect.

No comments: