8.04.2008

"It's Not Unusual..."

I hate it when people give "Love" a definition.
"Love is your souls recognition of its counterpart."
Love is this, love is that.

My definition of love is: LOVE IS THE GREATEST SECRET THAT ONE MUST DISCOVER THEMSELVES.
No two people in the world will have the same definition of love, maybe what's attractive, but not what love is. It's like a snowflake. This is a snowflake and that is a snowflake, but they aren't identical. You feel me?
I personally have been in love twice. I can sit here and tell you ALL the stupid, foolish, "simp", ridiculous shit I did while in love but that list will need its own blog and shit. Hahaa!
But that's what love does to us. That shit makes us do ANYTHING to make sure it is preserved.
Sometimes the feeling is not mutual, it is not reciprocated. Meaning you're in love with her/him and they aren't in love with you. It's hard but all you can do is pick up your bags, take the ticket and shake. Learn from it. It ain't the end of the world and the worst case scenario is not death.
I know thousands of people in my generation. And I only know of two people who exhibit love the best. Jason and Elaine ( BHS class of '05 ).
My poetry game is tight and it's not because I'm this...Super Poetry Magician or something. I'm a "good writer" because of how baaaad I was in love. And I try to make the reader actually feel how I felt about her.
Important To Remember:
> Speak about your feelings before it's too late.
> Do not fall in love with LOOKS.
> Do not ask your friends about what to do.
> It ain't the end of the world and the worst case scenario is not death.
> If you have to second guess or second try, it's not love.
> Love and respect yourself before you hand out your love like candy.

Here's My Nigga Shihan's Poetry Slam "This Type Love"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS ONE :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, this shit iz true. U can never put love under one definition, because everyone has their own description based on their experiences and understandings of the word itself.