3.07.2010

The Girl Who Smelled Like Lucky Charms.

I never saw the word "Forever" so perfectly displayed and personified in front of me as I did when I was in love with you. What I saw as forever was you and I together, but that's too naive for me to believe. What I saw as forever was the feeling of completeness, a bond between two bold minds. As reality set in, I realized it would take you forever to understand my idea of love, and even longer to match it. The words within our language we so intricately utilize to form strong ideas frequently failed me, which is why it was hard for me to speak to you. I included you in all of my poetry, except your name was so deeply embedded beneath every line that only a Psychotic would find your name and fall in love. I spoke to you in metaphors and loved you more in hyperboles. Similarly, everything I said had a double meaning and nothing was exaggerated. You dominated a very specific region of my heart, that which is unfathomable. Unfathomable because it was unprecedented and the heights were unreachable. In fact, on top of that mountain, in the most graceful way, you planted a flag that states "the greatest, most subtle heartbreak." Every thought of you was a Hurricane and every poem, respectively dedicated to you, was the tragic aftermath of the storm. But the damage was only sentimental. As far as the current day is concerned, I am no longer in love with you, but it is apparent that I never stopped loving you. I no longer care if we ever share another conversation. As much as my heart craves to devour your beauty, speaking to you is like speaking to me. As far as the current day is concerned, you are skin and bones and you've buried your beautiful mind but at least I captured it well before the funeral, in a photograph of you showing a shy spirit as cleavage. I remember every laugh we had together, and I remember why you stand so distant from any girl I've ever had a relationship with or even felt the slightest attraction for. There was the cute intellect, the clueless and needy one with a shapely body, the backseat lover, the immature and cute one, and the one that was far too religious for me. There were several who came and went faster than an exhaled breath: The girl who smelled like Lucky Charms, the one with the Chucks and Kurt Cobain shirt, the one with Abercrombie this and Hollister that, the dental assistant, and the writer with a Shakespeare quote tattooed on her breast. I don't care much for physical attraction because all skin is made of the same composition; beneath your chest were Four chambers with no windows and every artery was a part of me. The outer shell was a beautiful facade with a greater value because it was so understated. With a photographic memory, I can describe every angle of stroke, shape, color and hue of sentimental essence in the personal portrait of the one and only you. These words are meant to be the only part of me that lasts forever because as much as you didn't see them now, I will not see them then. Everything I've said has a double meaning, nothing is exaggerated and nothing is fake. You really are responsible for the worlds greatest, most subtle and respectable heartbreak.

1 comment:

mayra said...

wow!! powerful words indeed. beautiful poetry i must admit! this girl seemed to be the one. a dream girl i would say. BEAUTIFULLLLLLL! i like it.