5.05.2009

A Bond Of Trust Has Been Abused. Something Of Value May Be Lost. Give Up Your Job, Squander Your Cash-Be Rash. Just Hold Onto Your Friends.

Today means more to me than a celebration of Cinco De Mayo. Today is my best friends birthday, Alphonso Bean. I've talked about him before. Alphonso was my best friend in Elementary School. We were a pair of clowns! This was in the time of "yo-mama" jokes and all that. We were at the age where we never needed money to hang out, never thought about sex, years from college and didn't need a part-time job in retail. Our moms dropped us off at each others houses just to chill for hours or spend the night. We occasionally rode bikes around a culdesac in Cerritos and played video games, and had "best-dressed" contests at our elementary school.

I always wish he didn't have to move away. Even with Myspace And Facebook:
"Sorry, we weren’t able to find a "Alphonso Bean" on MySpace.com"
We might've been on the football team together, found jobs and even gone to the same college. High school years would've no doubt been much more fun. But now we're two separate adults with two separate lives. All I can do is hope to run into him at a gas station or movie theatre.

A relationship that is built between two without the superfluous outside forces such as girls and money will withstand when the girls and money inevitably come between them. You know what I'm saying? I NEVER admit to missing somebody but I genuinely miss Alphonso. We were boys like:

Evan: Just imagine if girls weren't weirded out by our boners and stuff, and just like, wanted to see them. That's the world I one day want to live in.

I dedicate this Blog "WhereisDedan" to my best friend Alphonso Bean.


"Hold on to your friends. Resist - or move on. Be mad, be rash
Smoke and explode. Sell all of your clothes Just bear in mind :
Oh, there just might come a time When you need some friends "

No comments: