7.25.2009

Aloe Vera.

As a pharmacy student, I study all kinds of medications from all over the world but my favorite type of medicine is the natural sources such as herbs and plants. It makes me think about what God has given us and wants us to do. Love this earth and the earth will love you. There wasn't Zoloft and Epiniphrine or antibacterials hundreds of years ago. But there was Cannabis Sativa and Aloe Vera.

Some of the benefits of Aloe Vera include:
  • improved circulation
  • helps regulate blood pressure
  • promotes the healing of bones and joints
  • strengthens the immune system
  • defends the body against bacteria and yeasts
There are a lot more uses for this plant. As I type this, I have aloe vera on my face because it helps the treatment of acne and scars. It doesn't smell, irritate, nor is it greasy. As a kid, my mom would rub some on my small cuts and scrapes. I think this is mostly a hispanic thing though. I don't know what it tastes like but it doesn't burn when you put it on a cut, unlike iodine.


Look for Aloe Vera Juice at Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

1 comment:

Mr. Binford said...

that shit is gross my granny use to put that shit on my finger nails so i wouldnt bite them yuuuuuuck