1.18.2010

Born Janurary 19th, 1990. 8pm.


First things first, Happy Birthday to Me. I'm finally 20 years old. No longer being a teenager means a lot to me. The responsibilities have surpassed my expectations even though I've FELT 20 years old since I was a Senior in High School. I've always been more mature than my peers. But now, it's time to actually reflect that maturity through my actions. I mean, now I'm on the same level as adults much older than me. If I were to mess up, they would excuse me because I was a teenager. Now the expectations are higher and I've got to meet up to them.

The Twenties are a whole new decade. It's a whole new perspective on life. I have a lot planned for this year, which includes my path towards USC School of Pharmacy and Occidental College. You will see and hear more of my poetry because I've got more to say and a new way to say it. I've began viewing reality as it is, not just as it appears to be. In other words, I've been practicing Buddhism beliefs. It's such a relief to be able to identify with a true religion and not just follow what your parents told you.

Buddhism has shown me the mental discipline required to develop mastery over my own mind, how to make an effort to improve, and awareness to see things for what they are with clear consciousness, without any craving. But I'll talk more about that later.

Twenty is a fresh start-away from the heartbreaks, the mistakes, regrets. I've grown and the only reason I've grown is because I learned from all those mistakes and made sure nothing carried over to a new year. No distractions. Right now, the most important things are getting accepted to USC/Occidental and my poetry. I will be earning my Associates of Science Degree in the Summer.

Then there's the 2010 MLB World Series at Angels Stadium, along with the Angels winning their Division again. Oh yeah, The Laker's will reunite the brothers- Pete and REPEAT!! Maybe I can catch a Mos Def or MF Doom concert/show this year.

No comments: