3.09.2009

R.I.P.'s

Twelve years ago today, Christopher "B.I.G. The Hoes Know Me" Wallace was shot. I was only 7 years old when it happened so his death didn't begin to bother me until I become of age to understand the hardcore shit he rapped about. I say I was about 16 when I truly began to appreciate his concepts of suicide and murder and also his syntactical wordplay.

The difference between Hip-Hop and Rap (in my opinion):
The Hip-Hop artist allows you to envision the world he's portraying through his unique metaphors and can deliver a true feeling through his rhetoric (persuasion). Rappers just bullshit around fluid similes and fake ass punchlines with no meaning. Seriously, Can Lil' Wayne's trash compare to the ruggedness of Biggie's "Ready To Die"?

"And if I deceive, she won't take it lightly
She'll invite me, politely, to fight G
And then we lie together, cry together
I swear to God I hope we fuckin die together."

1 comment:

nivekhnoL said...

real shit hiphop and rap