10.21.2008

Work To Due.

Although I've been laying low lately, I've still been productive.
...Ohhh okay. Not really.
I've just been maxin' and relaxin' and it feels gooood.
I started reading two books, aside from my medical/pharmacy books for school.
It's times like these where I create most. I tend to do some thankin'.
This older man at school sees me concentrating and says:
"Ohhh! 'Lat Boy Righ' There Doin' Some Thankin'!"

If you've seen my Yellow Notepads, you'll know exactly how much thinking I do.
I recently thought about the current state of Hip Hop.
Remember when Power 106 had Freestlye Fridays? I remember chillin' in my moms car just to listen to them cats battle. As whack as 106&Park is, I always watched their freestyle fridays but they got rid of it!
105.9 is the last preset button in my car because thats just what it is. It's my last resort. Everytime I turn it on it's Lil' Wayne ANYWAY! They don't play other artists such as Eminem, Scarface, Mobb Deep, Ghostface Killa, Dead Prez, Slick Rick, Too $hort, or Juvenile. Ayo Power 106!! Let me hear some Method Man or some MF Doom!

I'll have some new poetry soon. I just started this Essay writing class and I need to turn in 500 words every week. Here's a little sample:

"Many people say Obama will not win because he is black. I have been told not to get my hopes up. Well I say: If there is no hope, then what are we left with? Obama is exactly what people from my background needed. We needed a figure to look up to and become inspired. We needed a figure to stand up against the huge obstacles and support the minorities. We needed a figure to help us in our plight of equality. I believe if you come from the truth, then you can deliver to the truth. Obama is seen as the epitome of truth in this election. Today’s youth needed an image to look up to and Obama delivers that image."


Obama! PLEASE give us TWO terms! I'll be 27 in your last year. I would love to have my first child to be born with you in office. Feel me?

On another note-
If you can count to infinite, then you can figure out love. Know what I mean?
Its like, Love is Lucy and you're Charlie Brown.
Everytime Lucy holds that football down, Charlie thinks he's gonna kick it but NAW!
No matter WHAT Lucy says, she pulls that football RIGHT before Charlie kicks it!
And what happens? Charlie Brown looks like a straight fool. Then the next time (you fall in love)Charlie still thinks Lucy will let him kick it.

Extra-
>The Incredible Hulk is a good movie. DVD just came out.
>Pride&Glory is also a good movie. Comes out on Friday.
>Colin Powell( A Republican) is endorsing Obama.
>14 More days 'till Election day. Buck Fush.
>Andrew Bynum is a beast.
>I bought new vans.
>Dr. Dre, Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Andre 3000 have new albums coming out within 3 months.





Obama '08 - Vote For Hope from MC Yogi on Vimeo.


P.S.
Stephanie From Paramount!
You're cute.

1 comment:

ponyboy said...

yeaa i know what you mean by those freestyle Fridays on Pwer 106 miss those haha.what vans did you get buddy??