1.01.2009

Retro Poetry/ Burnt Red & Yellow.

I sit hidden under the shadow of a cedar tree
Clenching the dagger I was stabbed with so tragically
The Moon shows its empathy and the wind picks up silently
The burnt red and yellow leaves above the soil understand me
I've lost the eternal companion of my heart, now it has no reason to beat
Every thump is a reminisced memory and I feel I must bleed
You see, beauty was ignored, friendship fullfilled every need
I ignored her breasts to swim in her seas
And float on the waves of every word to understand what her heart really sees.
The burnt red and yellow leaves above the soil understand me
The knife punctures my wrist and I can finally bleed in peace
I feel no pain because her name flows in my veins
And her love nutures my blood
And the burnt red and yellow leaves above the soil understand me
I silently weep for this passionate ceremony
Why is it that my scarlet essence illuminates a glow shaped exactly like her?
A puddle of light that reflects all that's left with an infinite depth
And she pulls me closer to remind me I've reached my death.
The burnt red and yellow leaves above the soil understand me.

Written in 11th Grade.

No comments: